Wednesday, May 30, 2012




"Do it Yourself Solar System - Solar Power Made Easy, and Much Cheaper Too!","

There are definitely some things to consider from a do it yourself standpoint before considering installing a do it yourself solar system.
 The hardest part is actually getting up there.
 It is as simple as connecting the brackets to a support beam in the roof, and connecting the solar panels to the brackets.
 If you have large trees blocking the way, then alternatives can be considered, such as building a solar stand that has an unobstructed view of the southern sky for maximum exposure.
 I once found a bulk lot of 72 solar cells for about $80.



Can you follow step by step directions and videos?


If you answered yes to the above questions, then you are well on your way to building your own solar power system for your home.


I made my first attempt at building a solar panel, and it was much easier than I anticipated.
 First I measured the size and arrangement of the solar cells.
 Next the frame was actually constructed.
 This was about as tricky as using a hot glue gun and making a relatively straight line.
 After that, the solar cells were wired together, and the cover to the frame was added.
 I tested it, and it was generating the necessary wattage (18 volts) and was working fine.
 This definitely did not take very long, and once the solar cell is connected into my house wiring, it will take maybe two months of generating electricity for the solar panel to pay for itself.
 I'll soon be building my second solar panel to add to my do it yourself solar system, and be on my way to making a huge dent in my electric bill.


CHECK THIS OUT


              

No comments:

Post a Comment